On this Wednesday, September 18th, iTunes Radio will be launching their new music platform to challenge Pandora, Spotify and others along with the new iOS7. Here’s the official (Apple Press Release):
iOS 7 With Completely Redesigned User Interface & Great New Features Available September 18
CUPERTINO, California—September 10, 2013—Apple® today announced iOS 7, featuring a completely redesigned stunning new user interface, will be available starting Wednesday, September 18 to iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® users as a free software update. iOS 7 has hundreds of great new features, including Control Center, Notification Center, improved Multitasking, AirDrop®, enhanced Photos, Safari®, Siri® and introduces iTunes Radio℠, a free Internet radio service based on the music you listen to on iTunes®. In addition, iOS 7 has been engineered with deep technical and design integration with both iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. “iOS 7 is completely redesigned with an entirely new user interface and over 200 new features, so it’s like getting a brand new device, but one that will still be instantly familiar to our users,” said Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering. “Next month we’ll be shipping our 700 millionth iOS device, and we’re excited about what our hundreds of thousands of iOS developers are doing to bring great new features to their apps.”Apple engineered iOS 7 to take full advantage of the advanced 64-bit technologies in iPhone 5s, including the native 64-bit kernel, libraries and drivers. All the built-in apps have been re-engineered for 64-bit, and iOS 7 provides a seamless developer transition with Xcode® support and the ability to run both 32-bit and 64-bit apps. iOS 7 also provides deep integration with the new Touch ID™ sensor and takes full advantage of the new iSight® camera sensor to enable new features like automatic image stabilization, Burst Mode and Slo-Mo video with 120 fps. Combined with the new Camera App in iOS 7, iPhone 5s provides up to two-times faster auto-focus, faster photo capture and better dynamic range. iOS 7 is designed to complement the gorgeous exteriors of iPhone 5c, with matching wallpapers and translucency that carry the color through the entire experience.With more than 200 new features, iOS 7 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch includes:
- Control Center, which gives you quick access to the controls you want in one convenient place with just one swipe from the bottom of your screen;
- Notification Center, now available from the Lock screen so you can see all your notifications with a simple swipe, and the new Today feature gives you an at-a-glance view of your day with a summary of the important details such as weather, traffic, meetings and events;
- improved Multitasking that gives users the ability to switch between their apps in a more visual and intuitive way, and iOS 7 pays attention to which apps you use most and automatically keeps your content up to date in the background;
- AirDrop, an entirely new way to quickly and easily share content with people nearby;
- new Camera app filters so you can add real-time photo effects, a square camera option, and you can quickly and easily switch between your four cameras—video, photo, square and panorama—with just a swipe;
- a redesigned Photos app that introduces Moments, a new way to automatically organize your photos and videos based on time and location;
- full-screen browsing with Safari’s new redesigned user interface, the new smart search field helps simplify searching, and there’s a new view for your bookmarks and your Safari tabs;
- Siri with new male and female voices,* Twitter search integration, Wikipedia integration and Bing web searching within the app; and
- iTunes Radio, a free Internet radio service featuring over 200 stations and an incredible catalog of music from the iTunes Store®, combined with features only iTunes can deliver.**
Additional new iOS 7 features include a new Find My iPhone Activation Lock, that requires your Apple ID and password before you can turn off Find My iPhone, erase data or re-activate a device after it’s been remotely erased; FaceTime® audio for high quality calls over a data network; and new ringtones, alarms, alerts and system sounds.iPhone, iPad and iPod touch customers have access to……Learn More
Apple has sent a letter to internet radio stations requesting they provide cover art for iTunes Radio, reports MacRumors. From the email:
Dear Internet Radio Provider,
The iTunes Store now requires cover art for Internet Radio stations. The cover art files must be 1400 x 1400 pixels in JPG or PNG format using RGB color space. The image URL must end in “.jpg”, “.jpeg” or “.png”. To add cover art to your station, send an email to email@example.com including your contact name, station name and cover art file.
Cover art should avoid pixelation. Any text should be legible at reduced image sizes on small devices. Note that Internet Radio cover art is not currently displayed.
Questions about iTunes Radio?
Check out iTunes Radio here.
The iTunes Internet Radio Team
iTunes has long offered internet radio stations on its Mac and PC desktop app. What this letter suggests is that Apple will begin offering these internet radio stations on iTunes Radio on iOS when it launches this fall. If true, users will have an incredibly wide selection of radio music from both Apple’s new offering and traditional streaming internet radio channels…..Article Located Here
This report explains a certain email that was sent to all the streaming radio operators located on iTunes Radio and where The Jazz Con Class Radio is found also. The report is very accurate and I can confirm it to be true because received this exact email. As for the suggestions at the end, I sure hope it is true!!!!! This could mean that Jazz Con Class Radio will also be included with the new iMatch music service.