I would like to apologize to the Jazz Con Class Radio listeners for the short interruption of the broadcast stream this mourning (New York City Time Zone). The purpose for restarting the server was so the listeners could further benefit. Since Apple announced the revamping of iTune Radio and its integration with iMatch, the amount of listeners have increased and Jazz Con Class Radio has been exposed to 50% more Jazz enthusiasts/curious music lovers. The bandwidth has been stretched from 1-50 concurrent listeners to 1-100 concurrent listeners. Which means that up to 100 unique listeners could clearly be listening to the broadcast at the “same time.” This is great news for me especially and rectifies all the hard work I have done for the past 18 months but most importantly, it helps keep the great music of Jazz alive for the world to listen. This expansion will benefit all the current regular listeners and all the future followers, the least I want to do is stop anyone from listening. It’s not easy to achieve instant success with a Jazz station of this type on the internet but I rather work my way up slowly and at the same time, take advantage of all the new technology that is emerging constantly. There sure is plenty of work ahead of me but the future looks great!! As long as I continue to provide the Jazz Con Class Radio listeners with the best traditional/classic Jazz available, then WE will all win! I want to thank all the current regular listeners that have supported this Jazz station from the beginning and gladly will stretch the bandwidth as much as it takes for all future listeners to enjoy!
This section of my listener stats is the most important to me and which prompted me to add more bandwidth:
First of all, these numbers are based on a 30-day period (the Last 30 days).
That’s a total of 8626 sessions (Connections to the broadcast). Divided by 30 day equals 287 connections to the broadcast/day. An average of ONE hour per session (60.6) means the listeners are enjoying the music.
5792 Unique listeners, means that out of the 8626 connections to the broadcast, about 67% are new listeners, the other 33% (2,834 listeners) are repeat listeners in the last 30 days.
As for total unique countries (116 countries), this shows the range of potential Jazz Con Class Radio has and its possibility to improve further. Not to mention, 116 unique countries also shows the interest of Jazz music around the world.
Note: These numbers are increasing on a daily basis.